Monday, March 10, 2008

Angora Hats

I am so excited! Check out the pictures below. We raise angora rabbits and hope to increase their numbers this spring/summer for the purpose of spinning their fiber. I got a spinning wheel for Christmas last year and with only having 6 rabbits and not a ton of time right now I haven't spun a ton of yarn. This weekend I was able to take my daughters knitting loom (thank you Bekah :))and make a hat out of 100% angora yarn. The color of the yarn is the color of three of our bunnies mixed together. Angora is warmer than wool and being in Michigan right now, we need all the warmth we can get. The rabbit is my sons rabbit, Matthiais, the second one is my tools, and the third one is my second oldest, Cameron who was the reciepient of the gift!(He hasn't taken it off since last night!!) Now if I could just get my slideshow to work on my sidebar I will be all set.

1 comment:

Dalyn said...

yay for you. Isn't it fun to do productive things and creative at the same time??