Friday, February 13, 2009

Homeschool week

As the week has progressed I have come more to terms with the realization of why we homeschool. In the midst of Orthodontrist appointments, horseback riding lessons, music practice, piano lessons, kids getting together with friends and everything in between I have come to the realization as to why we do what we do (and this is a we not a me). I am a part of everything they do. I am their chauffer, their confident, their teacher, cook, nurse, everything. That is a part of their lives I wont give up easily, yet know it is coming to an end quickly. I have struggled with that "public school" mentality for so long and realize I am where I am supposed to be. It has taken me 6 years of homeschooling to get here, but I think I finally get it!

2 comments:

The Sweetest Things said...

stopping in to say hello and browse around. enjoyed reading the posts. you have a beautiful family... have a great day.

Dalyn said...

This is the fun stuff huh! ALl the older ladies tell us to enjoy it, we'll miss it, and I do believe they are right *U*